LevelSet™ is what enables Achieve3000 Solutions to work their magic. The first thing your students will do on Achieve3000 is take the LevelSet assessment. This test determines each student’s nonfiction Lexile® ability for correct placement in the program, so that each student can receive reading passages that are precisely matched to his/her individual reading levels. For more information about Lexiles and LevelSet, click here.
If you like, your students can watch an introductory video before the test. This ten-minute video provides directions for taking the test and ensures that students understand its importance. Select the appropriate video:
Here’s what you need to know about LevelSet:
- The test is crucial to your students’ success. For optimal gains with Achieve3000, students must be accurately placed.
- The test will be delivered automatically the first time your students log in.
- Students will read a series of passages and answer a question about each one.
- You can expect LevelSet to take one classroom period; but, since it is an adaptive test, it may take longer for some students.
- Follow these tips to make sure your students do their best on LevelSet.
LevelSet scores will be available immediately after students test. It is very important to make sure they are accurate for proper program placement. To find out how to check your students’ test scores, refer to the instructions in the Online Help. If your school is enrolled in the auto-adjust pilot program this school year, please read our Frequently Asked Questions about this project